Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Opening Day at the Lodge!

Today was opening day at the Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge and it was great fun!!! For the most part everything went smoothly.  I got to ride the train to hand out key packets and saw Libby!  Which was great fun!  I meet the train in a remote area in Healy.  The train stops for literally a few seconds then me and another Guest Service Agent jump on. I get on the mic and explain what is in the key packets and help hand the key packets out to the guests. We have to do this in every car of the train, usually about 4 cars, then we get off at the depot with the guests and ride a shuttle back to the lodge.  IT WAS SO FUN!!! I have said it before and I will say it again....I love the people that I work with!  And I cannot wait for the busier months!  So in the words of Kirsten Dunst, BRING IT ON!!!!

4 comments:

Klein said...

Sounds like you are having a blast! Im so glad you took a leap of faith and did this.

Brad and Jennet said...

you "meet the train in a remote area"? Sounds like a drug deal. just kidding..so glad you are having fun!!! We miss you!

jooglin said...

I'm glad your having a good time. When you jump on the train do you have a stick with a hanky and your lunch inside of it?

MKSIMS said...

hey hey audi!
Sounds like you are having lots of fun. I was searching blogs today and found yours. Just wanted to say hi. If you get a chance check out my blog at indydentalduo.blogspot.com
have fun in Alaska.
Mark