Sunday, June 22, 2008

Summer Solstice!!!

Yesterday was Summer Solstice. It is the longest day of sunlight in Alaska. This day is celebrated more than July 4th in Alaska. Since it never gets dark and you can't do fireworks July 4th is just another day. To celebrate yesterday a bunch of us got together and played a very intense game of volleyball at 10:00PM. After that we went down to the river and had a bonfire until about 2:00AM made smores played a few games. We got home around 3:00AM and watched the sunrise.....which technically only went down for about an hour. Then came home and ate breakfast. It was a lot of fun! I have met so many people up here and I am loving every day! I hope everyone is doing well. I love and miss you all! :)

3 comments:

jooglin said...

I was wondering just how long the days were there. How do get any sleep? Oh wait evidently you don't :)

Brad and Jennet said...

Oh fun!! I want to have a bonfire with s'mores! I am jealous!

Mrs Buchanan said...

It sounds like you are really enjoying yourself in Alaska, I bet your making lots of moolah as well!!