Monday, August 18, 2008

Princess Homestead. A.K.A Northstar, A.K.A Deathstar


This is where I live here in Healy Alaska! Now I know that you are all very very jealous so just to rub it in let me tell you a little about this little piece of heaven here on earth. Not only do I share a room with 2 other girls but my room is fully equipped with a bathroom, one closet for all of us to share, 3 twin beds with military issued sheets and pillows ,( the mattresses are actually really comfortable) 2 drawers located underneath my bed and several different species of spiders. The homestead itself has a cafeteria with culinery chefs that find ways to make normal everyday foods taste like poo...but don't worry there is a salad bar filled with wilted lettuce and a variety of strange toppings. Also located within the homestead is a bar called The Outpost, now The Outpost has the same 6 people in it every night. The only reason I know this is because on the occasion that I miss dinner I usually go to the bar to order some bar food to take back to my room. The bar food is actually really good, which really confuses me because the same chefs using the same food within the same cafeteria make the bar food....its a little suspicious...kinda like we are going to save all the good stuff and charge you up the wazoooo for it...but the food that you pay for out of your paycheck is going to resemble poo. All in all it is a great place to live!

7 comments:

jooglin said...

This looks like a prison. It kind of reminds me of Pergatory. Why on earth are they feeding you poo? Do you need more food?

Brad and Jennet said...

Yeah where are the guard towers and guards with guns to keep you from escaping? I hate cafeteria food anytime you try to make food in very large quantities is never good!!! When you finally decide to come home I will make...wait...I will tell Mom to make you some homemade food...yum!!

Klein said...

When you come to California, I will introduce you to my new friend Chronic Tacos.Aaaahhhhhgggggghhhhhh!This place alone is good enough reason to move here.

Mrs Buchanan said...

Sounds awesome! Another reason why I should work in Alaska next summer! haha

Lucashell said...

Your Funny!

Klein said...

I am Dan and I like good food

Anonymous said...

Honestly the reason why the food taste like shit is because its comes from huge packs or cans. Its industry food, and also, the food is cheap. They don't have to be all awesome everyday if they aren't getting paid for it.

This year they changed up the system to where it was bad, and well they didn't have the money to make you good food. Blame the manager of the employment dining for that one.

Also the Death Star is the building across the street, not the building in the picture. That is Homestead to correct you.