Saturday, August 30, 2008

My First Bear!

I saw my first bear in Alaska on Wednesday! Wednesday morning a bear crossed the river by the lodge and had been wondering around down by the river....well by Wednesday evening it had made its way up to the main property of the lodge and was wondering through the parking lot. For some reason guests at the lodge think that it is ok to go flocking toward a wild grizzly as though it is Winnie the Pooh at Disneyland. Meanwhile all of the staff including myself are trying to get everyone back inside and away from it. Luckily no one was hurt. These signs are all over the property....I found them rather hilarious! Hahaha.

6 comments:

Klein said...

Bears are fluffy. I want a bear hug! You park employees are on a power trip and don't want me to see the bear. You don't want me to be happy. I'm reporting you to the manager.

Brad and Jennet said...

Did he have a jar of honey and a jennet following him saying "nobody likes me"?

Mrs Buchanan said...

That's cool that you saw a bear up close. You have to admit though bears look so cute and cuddly when they aren't up on their hind legs.

Lib-Dawg said...

Stupid, stupid passengers...let them get attacked. Hahaha - wish you could've got'n a photo of it! I told my dad about your sighting and he has told everyone. However his story got bigger each time...last I heard he was telling people it when in to your lodge???

jooglin said...

Bears freak me out. They are not fluffy and the thought of having one even remotely close makes me want to run to my car and drive way like a bat out of hell!

Audra B. said...

Libby! that is sooooo funny about your dad! Oh my heck I cannot stop lauging!